Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cookie Monster Cupcakes

Over the past two months I've been having a serious debate in my head about whether or not I should continue blogging. Not because I haven't been eating wonderfully, just that I honestly haven't been feeling quite as passionate about the writing part. My day job has been draining me, and no matter how wonderful dinner is when I get home, I just don't have the energy to finish it off with a post.

But the more I thought about it, the more I thought about the wonderful relationships I've made over the past couple of years, some of those blossoming into friendships that I'm sure will last a lifetime. This blog has brought me so much more than a place to go back and drool over past meals. Do I really want to close the door on something that has brought me so much joy? Not to mention the many culinary experiences that I would never have had the opportunity to be a part of otherwise. And well, the final answer was no, I'm not ready to close this chapter.

I may not post as often as I used to, but rest assured that when something is worth telling you about, you will know. Which brings me to the final straw on what helped in my decision-making – something that reminded me about how excited food gets me – something that brought the passion back and that could not go unshared. I screamed out loud when they were revealed – COOKIE MONSTER CUPCAKES!

Have you ever seen anything so beautiful?? Not only do I adore Cookie Monster, I can also relate to him as I have an obsession with chocolate chip cookies. Bring that all together into a cupcake and, well, let's just say I still get tears of joy when I look at these photos.

Look at him! Look at the details of his sweet blue fur, his googly eyes so giddy with excitement because of the homemade chocolate chip cookie jammed in his mouth! I know exactly how he feels because my eyes did the same thing when I ate him. Teresa, thank you so much for making my day with these! They were THE BEST!

And thank you to all the other foodies and bloggers who have become such a huge part of my life. This whole experience would not be the same without you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pictures and love your honesty in the blog I'm sure happy you're sticking around :0) the foodie blog world sure would miss you :0) xx

Holly Bruns said...

Sometimes it's good to go with the flow... change. I'd miss you if you were gone completely.

Eva said...

I think we all have moments like that - it's challenging being all that we can be, day in, day out. I'm confident you'll find your balance...

Don (@foodieprints) said...

Remember a little over a year ago when Ian Capstick asked me for my favourite local food blogs? Yours, Shari's, and Jessica's were the three indie blogs I recommended.

Shari's published now! Jessica's back in Ottawa. There are new posts on Nooschi.

Ottawa would lose a significant voice on food if you stopped blogging altogether. Fewer posts are better than none!

Truth be told, Jenn, Claire, and I are also struggling to find a balance with blogging and our day-to-day lives.

Sending good vibes your way! :)

One of Ottawa's Real Foodies said...

In someways your blog is a bit of a public service announcement. How unique to have such an accomplished chef husband making such delectable meals for you so often that they are photo worthy and must be shared. No pressure but it seems like you are helping lots of guys out of the food ditch, as I am sure there are plenty of gals getting them to read Rachelle Eats Food. His meals at least inspire me. And thank you for that.

Jenny said...

I admit, I've been struggling this one myself lately. I got so busy in the fall that the only thing I blogged was a weekly menu plan. And I haven't even done that since December.
If you come up with anything that resparks the imagination and enthusiasm, please feel free to pass it along to me.
LOVE the cupcakes. Wish I had the stuff on hand to make those for the school bake sale tomorrow!

Romantic Dinner said...

Lovely and testy its food . Very nice idea for that. Interesting this post. thanks

Allison said...

wondering where you got these? Did your chef husband make them? They are fantastic and I'm looking to buy some for my son's bday!

Rachelle said...

My friend Teresa made them. they were so awesome!! Even the cookie in his mouth is homemade.