Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Steak


One of the things I love most about summer – barbecued steak. My husband is the master when it comes to cooking things on the bbq and this dish shows that all the way around. Thick juicy steak lightly covered in a heart-melting chive, shallot and garlic butter sauce. The perfect carrots grilled barbecue-style. And sweet potato, halved and drizzled with honey, also over a flame grill. These are the kinds of meals you never want to end.

Not the perfect pairing for the dish but nice for sipping on beforehand, Château de nages rosé that I picked up at the SAQ this past weekend.

2 comments:

Christine said...

That plate looks mighty delicious. I'm eyeing that sweet potato... Yum!

Our family used to always have BBQ'd steak twice a summer, but I've never enjoyed it. One of my uncles is usually in charge of the steaks, but he always cuts the portions too thin and then over cooks them. We need a change of cooks!

Donna said...

Everything looks so good!
If you have not tried food cooked on a Green Egg..you must! This is the best steak I have ever had in my life. Planked grilled salmon is out of this world too!