Tuesday, November 2, 2010

East & Main – Wellington


$+
During our trip to Prince Edward County we decided to take a walk around Wellington, an absolutely beautiful little village on the shores of Lake Ontario. Luckily, it was also right around lunch time, which meant a stop in at East & Main.

My husband and I started off with a glass of Hinterland's sparkling rosé as we perused the menu. I decided to go with the salad niçoise with seared albacore tuna – the firm, silky tuna was the perfect pair to my wine. Egg, tomatoes, green beans, black olives and lemon dijon vinaigrette – delicious.

My husband opted for something a little heartier – the macaroni made with Black River aged cheddar cheese, a sinful dish to say the least. Homemade mac and cheese I would say, is in my top 5 of comfort foods. And made with a cheddar like that of the Black River Cheese Company, makes it even more special.

Apps range from $6 to $9, mains from $10 to $14. Fun, bright atmosphere and fantastic service. They even have a little shop at the front of the restaurant with epicurean artisan take-home treats.

270 Main Street
Wellington, Ontario
613-399-5420

No comments: