Sunday, November 7, 2010

Harvest – Picton


$$$$
I was in Picton at Harvest Restaurant exactly one hour after Shari. I figured it would be fitting to post my review following Shari's interview with chef Michael Potters.

If you're ever in the Prince Edward County area, there are many delicious restaurants to choose from. Harvest is one of those gems. The fresh, local and seasonal food that fills the menu is enough to have you salivating and eagerly awaiting your order once you finally decide which dish to go with.


On this particular occasion, my husband and I decided to share the Ontario Venison Tartare to start – so yummy! Waupoos rare Asian pear, walnuts, arugula and walnut oil vinaigrette. Every tender, fleshy bite was so amazing on it's own we could have gone without the crisp baguette toasts that accompanied it. But we didn't.

My main was a ridiculously rich serving of beef cheeks braised in Baco Noir with celery root purée and root vegetables. Every plump morsel melting in your mouth like butter was almost too overwhelming, until you reached for your glass of wine to level it out. We went with a local Pinot Noir by Chadsey's Cairns. Although I would have preferred something much heavier with this dish, I figured, when in Rome...


My husband's Dana Vader's county lamb was also a winner. Seasoned with North African spices, Socca pancakes, flageolet beans and citrus sauce.

We left there with bellies full and very satisfied. It's definitely a spot you want to check out. Starters range from $8 to $22, and mains from $24 to $30. Atmosphere warm and inviting, and service – impeccable.

106 Bridge Street
Picton, Ontario
613-476-6763

No comments: