Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Cottage – Lake Placid


$
I was attracted to this restaurant because of the great patio they have overlooking Mirror Lake. Although it had been raining off and on that day we still took a chance and sat on the patio. It didn't last long. By the time my first course had arrived we had to make our way inside. The rain wins again.

I started off with a glass of Chardonnay and the Shrimp à la Cottage. They were jumbo steamed shrimp topped with artichoke hearts, bacon and melted cheddar soaking in garlic oil. It was ok, but way too much butter. I wouldn't order it again. Then I had the Cottage Blue Salad. That on the other hand, I would order again. It had fresh mixed greens with red grapes, pecans and blue cheese crumbles and a mango vinaigrette. I ate every last bit that was on my plate – YUMM.

I finished off my lunch with a glass of port. But this was not your normal port. It was a chocolate port, which I've never heard of. She let me try it first. It tasted a lot like a regular tawny port but once you swallowed it you could taste the chocolate. It was really good. The service was also impeccable.

No comments: