Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Hungry Trout – Wilmington


$$$
My friend and I had dinner here after a day of mountain biking and shopping in Lake Placid. We were tired and hungry and very excited to eat. The ambiance the minute you walk in is very warm and comforting. The restaurant is part of the Hungry Trout Resort, which reminds me a lot of the Château Montebello. They have pretty white lights up the posts in the restaurant that let off a really nice feel. Half of the dining room is made up of large windows overlooking the waterfalls of the Ausable River. When we first arrived there was a large table next to ours that had many noisy children at it. Luckily they had just finished their meal and left about 15 minutes later. 

I started off with the Roasted Duck Ravioli in port wine and lingonberry glaze. It was delicious, and not too filling, which I was a bit worried it might be. For my main I had the special, Crab stuffed Trout with risotto and asparagus. The trout pretty much took up the entire plate, it was massive and cooked to perfection. We finished our bottle of red wine and before I knew it I was ordering the apple crisp. I was so full and so tired that I was actually relieved when our server came back and said they were all out of the apple crisp. So I finished off with a glass of port instead. 

The service was wonderful and i'm pretty certain i'll be going back the next time i'm in the area. I really want to try their Smoked Rainbow Trout. 

No comments: