Thursday, August 7, 2008

Lake Placid Pub & Brewery – Lake Placid


$
I was in Lake Placid this past weekend and ended up at the Lake Placid Pub & Brewery the night we arrived. If you're ever in the area you definitely have to make a stop here. I started off with their popular Ubu Ale. It's a strong English ale that's named after a legendary chocolate lab. It also won a gold medal at the World Beer Championships. I enjoyed it so much I brought a case of it home with me. They also have a sampler tray which gives you an opportunity to try all their beers.

The Ubu Ale was the perfect accompaniment to the Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwich I ordered. This slow cooked roasted pork sandwich is topped with their own homemade BBQ sauce that is absolutely delicious. I didn't find they had enough BBQ sauce on the sandwich tho so I got some extra on the side. The sandwich came with apple sauce and baked beans. Comforting and filling.

The service was absolutely amazing. They were very accommodating and friendly. Unfortunately a couple of days later when I came to buy the beer to bring home they weren't as friendly, but still a really great place that I will go to again when I visit Lake Placid.

No comments: