Friday, June 25, 2010

Bison and Blue Cheese Burgers with Fennel and Snap Pea Salad


We had a very special guest over for dinner the other night. This blog has brought me lots of interesting new contacts and experiences. But one of the best things it has brought me is Marysol's friendship. She's super fun, and what more can I ask for than to hang out with someone who enjoys the finer things in life, just as I do. And speaking of finer things, she brought over a very special bottle of sparkling rosé that she received as a gift, to share with me!


From Prince Edward County, this 2007 Hinterland Rosé was the perfect summer drink. We got to enjoy it out on the patio before getting forced in by the rain. It was made in limited quantities so I totally felt special, having been chosen to share it with her.

For dinner, my husband made one of my favourite dishes, juicy blue cheese stuffed bison burgers. I would have to say that bison is my favourite red meat. I've really grown to love it over the past year. With that he served a fresh fennel and sugar snap pea salad drizzled in lemon juice, olive oil and sprinkled with green onion and scapes.

2 comments:

Marysol said...

Thank you for the yummy dinner!!

What was the red we drank? I want to buy some. We should 'make a promise' to buy an extra bottle of the reds we drink together and store them...

Rachelle said...

Ohhh, i like that idea! This one is 2004 Sagrantino di Montefalco. So delicious.