Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Flour Shoppe


This magnificent little cupcakery in the Glebe is like walking into a photograph from a magazine. Everything in there is pristine and oh-so-girly. The eating area with purple chairs beg to have company and the warmth and aromas coming from the kitchen are just so comforting.

Featured cupcakes sit alone on pedestals, showing off their creative hats and labels describing the mouthwatering details of each one. Thank goodness I was going in for a large quantity. You've got to love birthdays for that reason. It was Teresa's special day, and what better way to show a friend how much you care than with her favourite treat.

I pondered the rest of the afternoon, trying to figure out which one I was going to steal when these goodies made their appearance. The smores one was the first to catch my eye, but ever since I was a kid I've loved macaroons, chocolate raspberry, vanilla bean latte, double chocolate. Oh the choices! I finally settled on the carrot cake because of the maple butter cream on top. So rich and sweet.

If you're ever having a bad day, stop by the Flour Shoppe, I promise you'll leave with a smile. And the flavours change daily.

617 Bank Street, Ottawa
613-695-3752

Flour Shoppe on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

treesaw said...

They were all so pretty and delicious! Thanks again for the special treat!