Saturday, April 9, 2011

Short Ribs Braised in Coffee Ancho Chile Sauce


If these ingredients aren't a match made in heaven, I don't know what is. Ancho chiles, chipotle chiles in adobo, maple syrup and yes, you got it, coffee. Absolutely divine. If you like a bit of spice in your life, and a flavour like you've never experienced before, this dish is for you.

My husband pulled the recipe off epicurious. In my wine and food pairing class we had to come up with the perfect pairing. Ralph and Carol, the wonderful couple I was grouped with and I ended up with a beef short rib and Châteauneuf-du-Pape pairing that was out of this world. But the exercises that got us to it included mixing in a spicier concoction, one that was so delicious my husband just had to make it again. Luckily I had bought a ton of short ribs from Aubrey's so all the ingredients were just sitting there waiting to happen.

A little polenta and arugula on the side and you're ready to go.

1 comment:

One of Ottawa's Real Foodies said...

Hi Rachelle:

I hope all is well with you and that wonderful foodie hubby. As always, I love to read what is happening at your dining room table when you share your experiences. This looks like another fine creation!!