Monday, February 9, 2009

Spinach and Grape Tomato Pizza on Naan Bread


I think i've said it before, i'm not a huge fan of pizza. But this kind of pizza I love. I think the thing I don't like about traditional pizza is the greasiness and excessive cheese, although some might say that's the best part. I like to feel good after I eat, and this pizza does just that. My husband made this delicious concoction using only ingredients from Giant Tiger. I say that because it's very inexpensive to shop there, but you can't usually do a full grocery in that store without having to go somewhere else to get the missing ingredients. One day my husband and I did the bulk of our groceries at the one on Walkley and then went to our local Independent grocer (Hartman's) to get the rest. While he was doing the shopping I decided to check out all the prices on my GT receipt and compare. Not one item beat the GT prices, so I try to get what I can there first. The salad served with this pizza on the other hand, had some ingredients from Herb and Spice. This shrimp and quinoa salad is one of my favorite dishes and in this version my husband added a few more ingredients, green and yellow peppers, buckwheat sprouts, peas, lima beans and grape tomatoes. As for the pizza, absolutely fabulous, I especially loved the tomato sauce on the base. Here's the recipe.

What you’ll need
Naan bread
Tomato paste
Ricotta cheese
Garlic
Spinach
Grape tomatoes
Green peppers
Green onion

What to do
Mix the tomato paste, ricotta and garlic and spread evenly over the Naan bread. Cut up the rest of the ingredients and place bake in the oven at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes, then broil for a couple of minutes at the end.

1 comment:

its me, sam said...

Thanks for letting me know about the seafood casserole recipe.