Monday, December 1, 2008

Shrimp and Quinoa Salad


If you want a delicious healthy lunch, here it is. My husband made this salad for our lunches this week and it is so freakin’ good I just want to eat the entire week's worth like now. I had it today for lunch and the best part was that it was actually filling enough that I didn't feel like eating my regular afternoon snack. This salad has a wonderful list of ingredients sure to please, like shrimp, quinoa, corn, green onion, tarragon, feta, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and juice from one lemon. This kind of food just makes you feel awesome after you've eaten it. The quinoa alone is high in protein, is a great source of dietary fiber and phosphorus and is high in magnesium and iron. It's also gluten-free, which makes it easy to digest. I love it.

No comments: