Monday, December 1, 2008

Beef Stir Fry with Fire Roasted Red Peppers and Bok Choy


My husband really knows how to make a statement with his ingredients. Tonight's dish was flavorsome and hearty. I could seriously curl up and go to sleep in front of a warm fire. But we don't have a fireplace so i'm writing my blog instead. I seriously don't know what i'd do without my husband, he's the best cook ever!

What you’ll need
Beef (flank steak)
Bok Choy
Fire roasted red peppers (we have a gas stove so my husband chars them over the flame)
Sprouts
Wild Rice

For the marinade:
Soya sauce
Rice vinegar
Ginger
Garlic
Chilies

What to do:
Mix together the marinade ingredients above and allow the beef to marinate for at least a couple of hours. The longer the better.

Cook the veggies first in a wok with the marinade then remove. Cook the beef and then add the veggies back in. Stir together. Serve over rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.

Total time, approximately 2.5 hours including the marinating.

No comments: