Sunday, December 14, 2008

Northern 2



Northern 2 used to be called Northern Han and I believe it is still Northern 2 now; however, my husband said he saw Northern Han written on the menu. So if you see Northern 2 OR Northern Han, you've come to the right spot. This little gem is just past the busier parts of China town on Somerset Street between Booth and Preston. It's a tiny little hole in the wall that has tons of chintzy asian inspired decorations. That combined with friendly and modest service immediately makes you feel at home and very welcome. If you're an adventurous eater they have loads of authentic Chinese dishes to pick from. Personally, I go for the dumplings. I absolutely love dumplings and there's no shortage here. They have several to choose from and you can get them either boiled, fried or steamed. The small has 14 dumplings for $8.55 and the large for $9.90 has 20. Tonight my husband and I ordered the small Lamb and Zucchini Fried Dumplings, some Pan Fried Small Buns with Sesame (very similar to the dumplings), and an order of Shanghai Style Fried Noodles with bok choy, carrots and mushrooms. I've always enjoyed everything I have here, it's very flavourful and fun but I do find the noodles to be a bit on the oily side. You can't beat the price either. Starters range from $3.50 to $7.95 and mains from $6.95 to $9.99. Definitely a spot i'll return to again and again.


Northern 2 Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments: