Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!


It started at about 4pm yesterday and it's far from over. I just love this time of year for the constant eating of food fit for a king. My husband and mother-in-law spent an evening this week preparing the dishes for our Christmas eve get-together and Christmas morning brunch. 


Last night my husband layed out some gouda with cumin, some parm and Boursin, crackers, garlic stuffed olives, pickled mushrooms, mustard pickles and some homemade nuts and bolts.


A bit later we had some of the world's best curry clam chowder with homemade cheese crackers and soft, warm buns, followed by a delightful veal, pork and beef tourtière and mustard pickles.


Our friend's brought over some yummy marinated fig crostinis with arugula, goat cheese and prosciutto sprinkled with a balsamic reduction.


The next morning we snacked on the smoked salmon, capers, onions and whipped cream cheese with pumpernickel that never made it out the night before. 

And for brunch we had some mimosas, croissants fresh from the oven, bacon and a rich feta and spinach quiche. 

I have no idea what is in store for us this evening. My brother will be serving dinner tonight. I just hope I can digest all the above in time to enjoy the next meal.


No comments: