Sunday, December 7, 2008

Caramelized Ribs with Spaghetti Squash and Rosemary and Garlic Sweet Potatoes


If the above photo hasn't got you drooling on your keyboard yet, then you must be vegetarian. But even then, these ribs are enough to convert any vegetarian. Seriously. We decided to go to Tremblant yesterday to visit our good friends Zoya and Marc, and once again, she had us eating out of her hand. I love these little trips, they're fun, I love the company, and best of all, my husband gets a break from cooking. Dinner at Zoya's is never anything simple. These fall-off-the-bone ribs were slow cooked for 4 hours before being basted in her magical concoction and then caramelized in the oven. I didn't get the recipe, there isn't one. But I did get a glimpse of some of the ingredients that were used, honey, garlic, ketchup, etc.


She started us off with a roasted tomato salad. Tomatoes with sundried tomato pesto, garlic and cheese roasted to perfection, then set on a bed of baby arugula and topped with a balsamic glaze.


With the ribs she served sweet potatoes cut into thin strips and roasted with olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and garlic and some spaghetti squash roasted with the same ingredients (minus the rosemary) but halved onto a cookie sheet and roasted cut side down. Every single item was to die for. I didn't want my meal to end. And it didn't end there! See my next post for what came next.


With this amazing meal, also came some amazing wine. Rachelle (another Rachelle) and Christian were also present and brought a delicious, full bodied, fruity red wine from Lebanon. Massaya Classic, 2005 from the Bekaa Valley. Another wine we had that was very good and worth sharing, Gran Feudo Reserva 2003 Navarra, Spain. It's made from 80% Tempranillo and 20% Cab Sauvignon. This one was very oaky and heavier than the first. Both amazing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love your posts, you take amazing pictures and your food description... well... lets just say I need to call up Zo soon to tell her we are coming over for a snowboarding weekend and that I request those ribs!! :)

Rachelle said...

Ha! thanks. I'm sure she wouldn't mind...