Sunday, December 21, 2008

Pre-Christmas Brunch


My wonderful friend Teresa had an awesome idea this week. She wanted to get everyone together but as you can imagine, this time of year most evenings are eaten up by some form of party or get-together. So she decided to make brunch for everyone. Genius! The minute we walked in I knew we were in for a feast. The aroma alone had me salivating. I made my way to the kitchen admiring the beautiful colours of fresh cut fruit and frosted shortbread cookies displayed on the table. Mimosa? She offered. As I sipped away at my drink I couldn't help but start on the sweets – before breakfast. Chocolate covered rice krispy squares, melt in your mouth almond bark and of course her heavenly shortbread cookies.


For brunch she served a divine breakfast strata made with sausage and cheese, pan fried potatoes with peppers and onions, turkey bacon, and possibly the best homemade cinnamon buns i've ever had, hot, right out of the oven. The breakfast was excellent, the company even better. Thanks T!

No comments: