Sunday, December 14, 2008

Curry Clam Chowder


This is by far the absolute best clam chowder in the world. In fact, it is the best chowder of any kind in the world. It sits high up there on my list of favorite foods and I look forward to winter just knowing that my husband will be making it at some point. We went to a Christmas party potluck last night and it was requested that we bring this amazing concoction. And as usual, it was a major hit. The flavours in the broth are very distinctive and have a titillating kick at the end that I'm absolutely addicted to. Every single ingredient has a reason for being there, from the potatoes and the onions to the bacon and clams, it's just marvelous. The recipe for this little gem however, is not available. It started off as my mother-in-law's secret recipe and was then handed down to my husband at just the right time when she knew it would both be appreciated and kept secret. He has since mastered and perfected it to even higher standards. If you don't know what you'll do with yourself not being able to make it, fear not, my husband will be making a batch on Christmas Eve and everyone is welcome to stop by for a bowl.

1 comment:

treesaw said...

It really is the best soup in the whole wide world!