Sunday, December 7, 2008

Lyon Tapas Bar


$$+
Here it is, my 100th post! My, how far i've come! I wish I had a picture to go with it but this one wasn't planned. It was still good nonetheless.

A group of friends and I enjoyed finger foods and great wine this past Friday night at the Lyon Tapas Bar in downtown Ottawa. It was an impromptu gathering that was formed mostly because of it's location. I had been there once before. The food is good, nothing fancy, but the atmosphere is very relaxed with little pretension. We had a great time and our server helped contribute to that – Kathy – with a K. Now because this dinner out was not planned, I did not bring my note book. And as they do not have a web site, i'm unable to reiterate exactly what I had. Clouded by the numerous bottles of wine we consumed, the descriptions are going to be very short. But rest assured, everything was very good. First let me recommend this wine we had, Amigos, or something Amigos. The list isn't very big so it won't be hard to find. It was a very deep, full bodied wine. Approximately $45 a bottle I believe. We started off with probably my favorite thing on the menu, Anchovy Stuffed Olives. Then we went on to the Smelts (of course), Calamari (the dipping sauce is fabulous), Meatballs in a tomato sauce and some delicious Mushrooms. I love the whole tapas idea. I think it's brilliant. I love trying many different things and it's so much more casual than your typical app, main, dessert. Small plates range from $4 to $14.

Lyon Tapas Bar
Lyon Tapas Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments: