Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes and Bacon


This past week food-wise has been pretty rich. So I don't think my husband was too surprised when I told him I just felt like having pancakes for dinner tonight. But even “just” pancakes isn't boring in this house. Where I would use regular milk, my husband uses buttermilk. Where I would just do only the pancakes, my husband adds the side of bacon. You know, just those little extras to make everything that much better. He also makes them from scratch. 


I have to be honest though, one of the main reasons I wanted pancakes is because I was dying to break into the syrup my friend Graham brought me. He picked up some of this local maple syrup back in April and I was lucky enough to get one of his many bottles after a month-long wait. And man was it worth it! 

Below is the recipe for the pancakes. As I copied down each ingredient I could feel the extra calories settling in nicely around my hips. Holy crap! I guess that's why they're so light and fluffy and almost kind of crispy on the outside. 

What you’ll need
1 1/3 cup white flour
3 tbs baking powder
3 tbs sugar
3/4 tsp salt

1 1/4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
2 tbs butter melted

What to do
Whisk the last 3 ingredients then add in the dry stuff and whisk until it turns into a batter. Fold in some blueberries. If you're serving this with some bacon, use a bit of the grease to cook them in. Oh yeah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm mmmmmm I made these pancakes yesterday as my friend Janice, her 3 year old and 8 month old baby were coming over. Giscard was here as well. They were the best pancakes I've ever made! :) Celine

Rachelle said...

Nice! i'm so happy you liked them. I think we're having them for breakfast again this morning! yay!