Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chimichurri Lamb Chops with Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans


The smell coming out of the bbq last night was extremely tough to ignore. My mouth watered as I imagined how my meal would taste. I don't think even the best daydream could match up to how the real thing turned out. Chimichurri lamb chops, so amazingly delicious. And every bite so tender, the fatty bits just melting in your mouth and adding bursts of flavour to the already delectable meat.

Then, by their side, perfectly cooked small potatoes sharing their space with soft yummy shallots and fresh green beans. My husband really knows how to make dinner so freakin' special! I love it!

Roast the potatoes with shallots on the bbq in tinfoil. Grill the chops on high heat for 3 to 4 minutes a side, then brush with the Chimichurri sauce. The heat of the meat releases the flavour of the sauce.

For the Chimichurri sauce:
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
1/2 cup chopped parsley
2tbs fresh oregano
2 crushed garlic cloves
a few shakes of red pepper flakes
add salt to taste

No comments: