Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Maple Mustard Barbecued Salmon with Microgreens


A while back Marysol brought me some fresh microgreens from Bryson Farms. The next weekend I was visiting my friend Zoya in Mont Tremblant and brought some of them to share with her. As I handed them over, I raved about how delicious they were. So I wasn't totally surprised when, at my birthday last month, she brought me a pot, some dirt and microgreen seeds. A rainbow blend of Beet Detroit Red, Cabbage Pak Choi, Kohlrabi Purple, Broccoli DeCiccio and Radish China Rose.

I only planted them about 2 weeks ago but man they grow fast! And tonight we got to enjoy them on a mouthwatering maple mustard salmon. My husband barbecued the fish and to it, added a mixture of maple mustard and dijon, and then sprinkled some thyme before removing it from the grill. The skin holding it all together was like candy, a perfectly blackened crisp bottom layer. The salad on the side was filled with a mixture of lettuce from our garden, some barbecued peppers and drizzles of the mustard concoction, olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette.

1 comment:

its me, sam said...

I'm always hungry after I read your blog! Supper looks fantastic as usual!