Friday, November 7, 2008

Vittoria Trattoria

Well it's been an Italian week for me to say the least. I've got my month's worth of starch and i'm ready to take on the world! We had a friend in town last night who was in the mood for Italian and wanted to eat in the market. So that was a no-brainer. Vittoria Trattoria has been consistently good for as long as I can remember. The atmosphere is perfect for an evening out, with dim lighting, beautiful stone walls and excellent service. They also have a pretty extensive wine list suitable for the average joe to the the most knowledgeable wine connoisseur. There's always a sommelier on staff who can help you choose the best wine. And he did just that last night, bringing us a delicious bottle of Colognole Chianti Rufina (2003). The wine went wonderfully with my choice in dishes, I went for the specials of the night, a roasted pumpkin purée to start and calabrese sausage with spinach, red onion, mushrooms and red peppers on whole wheat spaghetti with a marsala rosé sauce. The soup was absolutely divine, with a great blend of spices and the pasta had a medley of flavours that worked together and complimented the slight spiciness of the sausage. I've got leftovers for my lunch today and i'm just counting down the minutes until I can dig into it. Apps range from $7-$14 and mains from $13-$36.


Vittoria Trattoria on Urbanspoon

No comments: