Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pascale’s Ice Cream


Rain, rain, go away. Come again another day. Oh how I long for those hot, humid summer days where the only chill I can get is through a sweet ice cream cone.


My outlet for enjoying ice cream on cold days? Apple crisp. I don't normally eat desserts, but when I do, I make sure it's worth it. And I don't skimp out on anything. How do you get the most decadent apple crisp? Top it with Pascale's Ice Cream. Not only is this ice cream locally made using all natural ingredients, they also have a ton of mouthwatering flavours from Dulce de Leche to Milk Chocolate Beau's (seasonal). My signature flavour however, is the French Vanilla, so creamy and delicious. It's the perfect accompaniment for a warm apple crisp.

Once the sun starts shining and I can barely eat my ice cream fast enough, I will be in a bind as to which flavour to start with. Dark Chocolate Bacon has been calling my name. And Vanilla Chèvre has got my heart in a flutter!

You can find Pascale at some of Ottawa's fine food shops including the Whalesbone Oyster House, the scrumptious Piggy Market (just try to leave with only ice cream!), the Red Apron, and a few other locations listed on their website: www.pascalesicecream.com.

2 comments:

Eva said...

Oh. So. Good! Her ice cream is crazy good. I stand in front of the freezer for about 10 minutes before picking a flavour... I just keep going from one end to the other hemming and ha-ing...

Don said...

Love that ice cream!

I actually refuse to eat any other brand even in restaurants for fear I may look guilty when next I see Pascale.

She's at the Piggy Market from time to time. Though less often given how popular her ice cream has been.

You can also find Pacale's ice cream at Thyme and Again (marked up by a dollar).

btw, she has a marsala chocolate too

my fav: sour cream and strawberry