Monday, July 21, 2008

La Boucanerie Chelsea Smokehouse


This isn't a restaurant but I have to put it on my blog because it's so good. I was out on a road ride and came across this place. The minute I walked in I was in heaven. They have virtually every kind of smoked fish I could think of. I felt like a little kid in a candy store. I ended up leaving with maple smoked salmon, smoked tuna, smoked trout, smoked mackerel and some deer and elk sausage. They even packaged it up nicely for me so that I could carry it in my backpack for my hour bike ride home and not worry about anything going bad. Everything I got was really good. The item that stood out for me the most was the Elk sausage - freakin' awesome! You have to try it.

The prices I found to be a bit higher than what you would pay in a grocery store, but given the fact they are local, it's definitely worth it.

No comments: