Monday, July 21, 2008

Maxwell's Bistro


Ok, I know going out for breakfast in Ottawa is a challenge, especially between 11 and noon on a weekend. Unless you've got 3 hours to spare, you probably shouldn't do it at all. But sometimes, I just have to do it, and when I do, I eat toast before leaving the house so that I don't get antsy waiting for my food. Given that, I was in really good spirits on Sunday morning. The restaurant was packed so we decided to eat at the bar. It took between 45 minutes and an hour to get our food. That would have been fine given the circumstances, but the bartender would not take 2 seconds and say: “Hey guys, i'm really sorry about the wait, it's nuts in here.” Instead, she avoided eye contact with us the entire time and didn't offer to refill our coffee. The food on the other hand was good as usual, nothing to do back flips over but their brunch has been consistently good every time i've gone. This time I had the Eggs Toscana off their specials menu, it's like Eggs Benedict but with a few ingredients changed. What I loved the most was the amount of hollandaise sauce they put, it's just the right amount. Some places put 3 inches of thick, gross hollandaise sauce, I hate that. The freshly squeezed orange juice was also really good.

No comments: