Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oh Basil!


Most Vietnamese restaurants in Ottawa are very much the same, this one is no different. But unlike my regular spots, this one is close to my work, which is perfect for those lunchtime Vietnamese cravings I sometimes get. They are located at 1910 St Laurent Blvd. I first found out about this place through my colleagues, who, knowing I was a fan of Vietnamese food, brought me there for my birthday. So on the odd occasion I don't bring a lunch to work, I go there. I had my usual yesterday, rice paper shrimp rolls (or summer rolls as they call it) with peanut sauce and vermicelli with spring rolls. It was very good, and fresh. The noodles were a tad bit greasier than my usual places, but not as bad as some others i've tried. I would not say the service is fast for a lunchtime spot, but it's not terrible either. All in all, a pretty good little restaurant. The decor is nice and clean too.


Oh Basil! on Urbanspoon

No comments: