Thursday, January 29, 2009

Montclair – Montreal

$$ 
Downtown Montreal has a plethora of fabulous restaurants. But what happens when you're in Saint-Laurent and you want the same thing? I'll tell you right now, there's not much to choose from, except this great spot that has, because of it's location, become kind of a regular when I go to Montreal. It's a nice little French restaurant on Décarie, which is close to my mother-in-law's and why it has become a sort of regular. If you're looking for something fancy with crazy unique dishes, this isn't the place to go. But for me, it's easy to get to, it's consistently good, the service is fabulous and the prices are very reasonable. Today I happened to be in that area on business and went for lunch. I ordered the Seafood Pizza made with shrimp, smoked salmon, clams and mushrooms and with that came a soup appetizer, a thick and rich tomato soup. Both very good. The service as I remembered the last time I went, was excellent and the place filled up quite quickly. In fact, had we not arrived early, we would not have gotten a table, I almost guarantee it. If you're in that area definitely go here, but I do recommend making a reservation first.


Montclair on Urbanspoon

No comments: