Wednesday, April 29, 2009

BBQ Halibut, Shrimp and Spinach Salad with BBQ Figues and Port Reduction


How on earth do I name this post without naming everything on the plate!? There are so many fabulous things in this dish it would be like the description of an elaborate meal at a fancy restaurant. Ok, if I were to name this for a menu, what would I say... BBQ Coriander Halibut and Shrimp served with a Wilted Spinach Salad in a Port Reduction. And the description would read: New Brunswick Halibut Broiled in a Coriander Mayo and Topped with Lemon Garlic Infused Barbecued Shrimp served with Toasted Walnut, Goat Cheese and Fresh Broiled Figs on a bed of Spinach in a Port Reduction. Ok, still too much, and I still didn't say all I wanted to. I would totally order this. Thank god i'm the luckiest girl in the world and this is one of my regular royalty meals. Seriously, coat your fish in coriander powder and then mix some mayo in before cooking and you've got yourself a delicious piece of fish. Montreal Steak Spice on the shrimp with garlic and lemon is like nothing you've ever tasted. And for the mature folk (something about figs makes me feel old but civilized when I eat them), barbecue them and you've got a fruit you can add to anything, like our spinach salad with toasted walnuts, goat cheese and the port reduction, which was made with Worcestershire sauce, red wine, port, molasses, sugar, onion powder, walnut and olive oil. A perfect meal to end a beautiful sunny spring day. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention we had some potatoes and olive bread too!

No comments: