Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spicy Fish Cakes with Potatoes and Green Beans


Oh my god I love fish cakes! I seriously can't get enough. My husband made so many of them tonight we even tried to get my friend Teresa over but I couldn't get a hold of her. She would have really enjoyed them, as did I. These ones were made with haddock. After cooking the haddock a bit my husband mixed it with some capers, dill, 2 eggs, flour, flax seed, bread crumbs, celery salt, garlic and onions. The spiciness came from the sauce which was a mixture of yogurt, chopped pickled hot banana peppers, dijon, horseradish and a bit of garlic. The horseradish is strong so go easy on it. The fish cakes on their own were fantastic, fishy and very tasty. With the sauce they became a spicy delight. He served them with potatoes and green beans. My husband is the best!

2 comments:

treesaw said...

Oh shit! I can't believe I missed this. I was sweating my ass off at yoga...

Rachelle said...

oh well, next time!!