Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mystery Burger


Tonight we had yummy barbecued burgers. We pulled out some old frozen burgers that were leftover from last year. They were still very good. We assumed they were actually the PC veggie burgers, after my husband noticed how they were cooking on the grill. I can't remember if I posted anything about them last summer or not. In case I didn't, all the PC veggie burgers (they have quite a few kinds) are very good, and so much better for you than real beef burgers. Don't get me wrong, I love beef burgers. But if we're going to be barbecuing them on a regular basis, it's much healthier to throw the veggie ones into the mix. Besides, if you're like me and love to top your burger with everything in sight (there goes the healthy part of them), it won't even make a difference. Tonight I topped mine with relish, dijon, horseradish dijon, pickles, tomato, cheese and spinach. With our perfectly grilled burgers, my husband also made a delicious pecan and spinach salad drizzled with balsamic and some sweet mustard pickles. Bring on summer!

No comments: