Sunday, April 5, 2009

Eggs, Sausage and Sweet Potato Hash


This is the sad part of my blog because it's the last meal made for us before having to head home. Zoya whipped together some grilled breakfast sausages, light fluffy eggs, satisfying sweet potato and onion hash and whole wheat bagels. This traditional breakfast was heightened by the addition of local maple syrup (to everything) and homemade strawberry jam for the bagels. I adore homemade strawberry jam, and Zoya's reminded me of the jam my grandmother makes, the one that made me fall in love with it to begin with. So this was a real treat. I didn't want to put that last bite of food in my mouth because I knew this was the end, the end of another fantastic weekend of eating like a queen. Actually, it's not the end for me so much as for my husband. I'm sure he enjoyed having someone cook for him for a change. I get to go home and continue the fun with my husband's dinners. I am so the luckiest girl on the planet, and I appreciate and savour every moment of it.

No comments: