Saturday, September 5, 2009

Afternoon Munchies and Beer


I worked all morning. At noon when I got home my husband was relaxing in our beautiful backyard. I immediately sat down to start soaking up the sun. Is it too early for a beer I asked. Something really light and refreshing would be perfect. Within seconds my husband was off to the beer store. 3 Corona Light's later (why they made a light version is beyond me – besides maybe the drop in alcohol percentage – you can't really get much lighter than the original), this beautiful plate of random items from our freezer and fridge was staring me in the eye. A poultry, duck and port mousse, bison spring rolls, and smoked mackerel from the Chelsea Smokehouse, gorgonzola, toasted ezekiel bread and mini quiches completed the perfectness of the afternoon. I don't remember the last time I relaxed this much.

No comments: