Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Home Made Sausage, Roasted Red Pepper, Zucchini and Sun Dried Tomato Pasta


Wow, it's been a while since I've had a meal worthy of a post! Last night's dinner finally got me going again. Then the mouse on our computer wasn't working. Which is why I'm posting now. This is going to be a quick one since I'm off to another fine dining experience at the Urban Element! But I had to get this one in before I went.

A co-worker of mine brought me in a delightful treat a few weeks ago. Home made sausages. They've been sitting in my freezer patiently waiting for the right dish to join. My husband made them feel like royalty setting them alongside some roasted red peppers and zucchini last night. He fried the zucchini and thinly sliced garlic in some olive oil and then added the chopped red peppers and sun dried tomatoes. He then placed the mixture on top of some whole wheat spaghetti mixed with basil and tomato sauce. The entire combination of flavours was breathtaking. And the sausage, mild and tasty, went beautifully. Thanks Jenn! You rock! And my husband too of course, for bringing it all together!

No comments: