Monday, September 21, 2009

Farmer’s Market Salad


After a week of indulging in rich pastas, breads and cheeses my husband and I are ready to return to normal, light dinners. Stepping away for a while really makes you appreciate that wonderful feeling of just being comfortable after a meal rather than stuffed. It has taken me quite a bit of time (and coaching from my husband) to learn how to not overeat. I've been overeating my entire life, and I've been very uncomfortable as a result. Light meals just make you feel full of energy!

This salad made the switch back super easy. Not only was it absolutely delicious, it was also quite fun to eat. My husband picked up some fresh greens at the Byward Fruit Market, Go-green Salads to be exact. This bag, chock-full of minerals and vitamins, packed in over 30 different kinds of greens (and flowers!). It was amazing. Check out some shots of what was found in this mixed medley of yumminess.





And as if the selection wasn't enough, my husband added in some fresh beet greens and arugula. Grilled portobello mushrooms, toasted pine nuts and shredded Beemster 2 year old Gouda topped with an olive oil, dijon, red wine vinegar and salt and pepper vinaigrette made this earthy salad to die for.

1 comment:

Marysol said...

beautiful beautiful salad! thanks for sharing, i will definitely check out those greens!!!