Saturday, February 6, 2010

Asia X-Press – Montreal



One of the best things about travelling to Montreal for work is having lunch at this little hole in the wall. A 2-minute walk from the office on Chabanel Ouest, it makes for a perfect spot to break between meetings.

The menu offers everything from Vietnamese to Chinese and Thai. I often get the same things when I go, but do try to switch it up a little. This time I started off with yummy dumplings paired with a spicy peanut sauce that is absolutely delicious. I shared this app with my co-worker and in return got to eat one of his rice paper shrimp rolls.

My main was the salad with imperial roll and vermicelli. It comes with both fish sauce and some more of my favourite spicy peanut sauce.

Scott had the chicken pad thai, which is fantastic here. This delectable tangle of noodles made it hard to chose between it and the vermicelli dish I went for. Luckily I was able to sample a few bites of Scott's to appease my food envy.

For fun we asked if we could sample their coconut red curry and they happily brought us a lovely little dish of it. It was nice and spicy.

I'm so happy to have a place like this close to the office. It's even nicer in the summer when they have their little patio open. Service is always great and prices very reasonable with apps starting under $2 and mains running between $5 and $12.


Asia X-Press on Urbanspoon

No comments: