Sunday, February 7, 2010

Birthday/Housewarming Party at Jesse and Phil’s


Friday night we were invited to this lovely get-together and before I go any further, let me just say that the hosts insanely outdid themselves. They had enough food to feed a small island, so I proudly jumped in and ate more than my share.

Sadly, I did not get a photo of everything. And even more discouraging was that some of them did not turn out at all. Rather than take my time and get a beautiful shot, I was rushed to put my camera down and eat what was posing in front of me. I'm hoping these few photos tell the whole story. Every single item was to die for. Which made it very difficult to hold back, on anything!

Fresh veggies on the table as you walked in lit up the room with their bright rainbow of colours. Alongside was a row of dips, tsatsiki, babaganoush, roasted red pepper and hummus with pita and bread sticks for dipping.

Over in the corner next to the couch was a table of cheeses and on the main coffee table, well, let's just say, that's where most of the magic happened. A trio of olives, yummy roasted red pepper and cream cheese pinwheels, massive brick of goat cheese with olive tapenade, corn chips, baclava, spanakopita, outstanding stuffed mushroom caps, heavenly phylo bites filled with Benedictine blue cheese, walnuts and apple slivers, and lovely shrimp served over the most delicious peanut sauce ever.

A little later on, the birthday cake appeared. Moist chocolate covered in pretty pink frosting.

Such a fantastic evening with fantastic people. Thanks so much for having such a great party!

No comments: