Sunday, February 21, 2010

Heart Healthy Beet Juice


My husband had been wanting the Omega Vert-VRT 330 juicer for a while. So I finally ordered one from Green Health for his birthday last week. We've seriously been juicing daily since. I bring a large glass of it to work every day and this weekend I made my own starfruit, pomegranate and pineapple juice for my morning smoothies as well as fresh orange juice for breakfast.

We also got The Juicing Bible, a fantastic book that outlines all the health benefits of various fruits and veggies along with great recipes.


I thought I'd post the juice I made for work tomorrow as well as a quick video to show you how crazy this machine is. You stick the veggies inside and they get crushed like crazy and then out comes the juice on one side and the dry pulp on the other. You can even save the pulp, freeze it and add to sauces for a nutritious boost. The juice above has 2 beets including the green, 2 carrots, 2 celery sticks, 2 pearl onions, some dandelion leaves and an apple. So yummy and extremely healthy!

4 comments:

Marysol said...

Rachelle, I am so envious!

We had a juicer when I was young and it worked great, then got one when living on my own and it was crap - yours looks awesome and give me hope! I will make you laugh with stories of parsley and beet juice that my mom made me drink, so gross...

Rachelle said...

haha! I bet you could drink the same thing today and enjoy it now. I wouldn't have been caught dead drinking this stuff when I was a kid.

This particular juicer is really great. Ryan did a ton of research and we think it's the best one out there. Also, because of the way it juices, it keeps the nutritional value up to 72 hours, unlike most juicers which only lasts a few hours.

Looking forward to the stories!

Anonymous said...

Did you drink that juice in one sitting..I heard you can overdo it on beets..I've been trying to juice them for the last two days!

Rachelle said...

I think it was two sittings. I was going a little overboard on the juices. I've cut down the amount recently actually!!

Do you have an actual juicer?