Sunday, September 21, 2008

Café Indochine


I used to eat here often when I worked in the market. I was in the area getting my hair done so all I could think about was grabbing a bite here afterward. They have a wonderful lunch menu where you get a soup, spring roll and vermicelli dish for $11.95. And I ordered exactly that. The soup comes first, hot and sour pineapple soup. It's a light and slightly spicy soup with sliced celery, tomatoes and pineapple. Really tasty. Then came my bowl of vermicelli, I got the vegetarian version which has fried tofu, a spring roll, lettuce, bean sprouts, cucumber and carrots with a bean sauce (I get that instead of the fish sauce). Vietnamese food is like comfort food for me. I have an obsession with vermicelli noodles so unless something is really wrong with the food, Vietnamese restaurants will always have a pretty good review rating with me. This one isn't my favorite, but it's good. The food is fresh and the service is good. One time a few years ago, I came here for lunch and although I was the only person in the restaurant, 15+ minutes passed with no one coming to see me. So I walked out and vowed to never come again. But I did, because I still really like the food. And the service has never been that bad again. I've never been for dinner. But the prices on the menu range from $5 to $9 for apps and $10 to $18 for mains. They also have a tiny little patio outside that's great for summer days.


Café Indochine on Urbanspoon

No comments: