Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pad Thai


This is one of my specialties. And yes, believe it or not, I do have some meals I make on somewhat of a regular basis. Unlike my husband tho, I do need a recipe and I do follow it to a T. Unfortunately this evening I was missing a few ingredients, which I believe led to a less than perfect finish for this dish. I've never substituted before and it's always turned out fantastic. This turned out ok. Below is the actual recipe without substitutions.

What you’ll need
1lb medium shrimp 
3 large eggs lightly beaten
2 tbs minced garlic
1/3 cup fish sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1 1/2 tbs sugar
3 tbs water
6 oz flat rice stick noodles, softened in hot water and drained
3 tbs minced scallion greens
3/4 cups bean sprouts
1/4 cup finely chopped dry roasted peanuts
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
2 1/2 tbs coarsely chopped cilantro
2 limes

What to do
Heat 1 tbs oil in wok. Cook shrimp 1 1/2 minutes and remove. 

Mix fish sauce, ketchup, sugar and water. 

Heat 3 tbs oil then add eggs and cook until scrambled. Add garlic and cook for 10 seconds. Add sauce and noodles and toss for 3-4 minutes. 


Add shrimp, bean sprouts, lime juice, crush red peppers, scallion greens and peanuts.

Serve and garnish with cilantro.

Total time, approximately 1 hour. 

No comments: