Thursday, October 2, 2008

Le Déjeuner Cosmopolitain – Laval


My sister-in-law to be told my brother and I we should have breakfast here this morning. She said people drive to Laval from downtown Montreal to have breakfast at this place all the time. It's a breakfast and lunch only spot with a massive selection of crepes and the largest selection of benedict i've ever seen. They also have a ton of omelets and bagels and oatmeal and stuff. It took me forever to decide what I was going to have. I'd been craving crepes for a while, so I went with the Grandmas Thin Country Crepe with spinach, ham and swiss cheese and homemade potatoes. It was delicious! I especially loved the potatoes. They were kind of mashed and fried and had tons of flavour. For the crepe, you could have it as is, or have it made with spelt or buckwheat instead for $1.95 more. I chose the buckwheat. The spinach was cooked right into the crepe and then the ham and cheese were layered on the inside. I also had a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice. The portions were more than enough, I didn't even finish mine. The food is very fresh and healthy, not greasy like a lot of large breakfast restaurants. I've also read that they strive to meet your satisfaction by not adding any preservatives, trans-fat or chemicals in anything they serve. They use only omega 3 eggs. My brother had a portobello benedict which also looked amazing. The restaurant itself is huge – I'm sure on a Saturday when they're packed the wait wouldn't be very long. The service was great and the prices were very reasonable, ranging from $6 to $14 for a breakfast dish. I'm sure I'll go again the next time i'm in Laval.

Le Déjeuner Cosmopolitain on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

S Lloyd said...

This is my favourite place for breakfast in Laval. I have personally found the breakfasts at restaurant Madre better, but that is of personal preference: they are not the same type of breakfast neither.