Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lemon and Dill Roasted Chicken


All you need is love... Oh, and a husband who can cook. Seriously, if you look at all the feel-good things that revolve around food, a first date, a family get-together, old friends reuniting. Even when someone passes away, what do people do? They bring the family food. If you have food like this on a regular basis, life is just better. There are people who love to cook, and people who love to eat. When you match the two together, it's magical.

I say this because (and I'm embarrassed by my laziness when it comes to cooking), my husband is not here this evening. He's at the hockey game. I got home after he had already left and in the oven was this beautiful, mouthwatering chicken. He even made the wild rice to go with it. I heated up a bit of leftover squash soup to complete the meal. It was delicious.

To all you chefs out there, a very big thank you, you have no idea how happy you make us foodies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even when he is out he cooks for you?! OMG. Can he be cloned?

Rachelle said...

haha, I hear that a lot!! i know, i'm the most spoiled person ever. we have a deal, i do all the house cleaning and he does all the cooking. It's the best deal ever!!