Sunday, November 1, 2009

Spelt and Carob Chip Cookies


I love cookies. It's my weakness. I never keep them in the house though because I'm the only one who eats them. Occasionally I'll make some and then freeze a bunch, grabbing a couple each day for a snack at work. I've experimented many times, trying the make them healthy but still tasty. I'd have to say that these ones turned out pretty darn good!

What you’ll need
- 2 cups spelt flour (I only had one cup left so I used a cup of rice flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbs molasses
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 packets of stevia
- 3 cups rolled spelt
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbs water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup carob chips

What to do
Mix all the dry ingredients together (except the rolled spelt), add the brown sugar and then the rolled spelt. In the center, add all the wet ingredients and then blend everything together. Finally, add the carob chips. Scoop out about a tbs or so of the mixture and place it on a baking sheet. Make sure to grease the pan as the mixture is very sticky. Cook at 350 for 15 minutes.

No comments: