Our travels the past few days have brought us to many homes with fabulous people and meals to die for. Zoya's house has always been and always will be one of my favourite places to visit. I literally spend the entire time perched up on a bench overlooking her kitchen, chatting and sipping on fine wine while she cooks, cooks, and cooks some more. She leaves the kitchen only to walk over to the dining room table to serve our meals and eat.
I'm really not sure where to start with what we had while in her presence. Maybe I should just make a list. From breakfast casseroles to tourtière, charcuterie, cheeses and steak, we ate it ALL.
- Fresh strawberries, pineapple and banana
- Smoked bacon
- Eggs with onion, feta, potato and hungarian sausage
- Tourtière made with beef and pork, actual meat, not ground
- Shrimp grilled with pancetta and sprinkled with parsley
- Rosette de Lyon sausage and smoked sausage
- Rillettes de canard
- A selection of cheeses from Fromagerie les Folies Bergères
- Delicious homemade rosemary and jalapeno jelly for the cheese and rillettes
- Homemade parmesan crackers
- Octopus stew – a Portuguese delicacy made by Marc's mom
- Fresh arugula greens with thinly cut fried onions, spiced nuts and dijon, rosemary dressing
- Slow cooked, melt in your mouth, blade steak
- Sweet caramelized cauliflower
- Arugula greens with tomato and balsamic drizzle
- Sweet Portuguese buns with a hint of lemon
And all this in less than two days!
Thank you, thank you, thank you. You really know how to make us feel so special and lucky. You have totally outdone yourselves, again!