Sunday, December 13, 2009

Teresa’s Pre-Christmas Brunch


Teresa outdid herself again this year, filling our tummies to the max and literally sending us all into a food coma.

I was stilled drained from a social event the night before, but I found a comfortable spot in the corner of Teresa's living room where I could savour each bite of food and take in all the conversations going on around me. I love the comfort that comes with hanging out with your closest friends – there's no stress or need to impress, something I never take advantage of.


The spread was amazing. Two magnificent egg stratas, one with pork sausage and the other with turkey sausage. Fresh spinach, goat cheese and strawberry salad to cleanse the palate. Strawberries and pineapple paired with a sweet, whipped dip. Greasy bacon cooked to perfection and tall mimosa cocktails.

By the time I got through that, I was torn between getting seconds, or going for the fresh out-of-the-oven coffee cake. I did both. Best coffee cake ever! A delicious layer of crusty sweetness on top, moist and tasty inside. 

In addition to the above, she was well prepared for whatever request may come at her. From bailey's to beer, and even chocolate and nuts for snacking.

Thanks so much Teresa! You really know how to throw a daytime party!

2 comments:

treesaw said...

Aw, you're sweet!

There's coffee cake and truffles left over...if you have a hankering come on over!

Rachelle said...

Seriously!?

I need to have a slice of that coffee cake with an empty stomach, to really savour every last bite.