Saturday, December 19, 2009

Clam Chowder


There isn't too much I can say about this clam chowder except that it is the best in the WORLD. No exaggeration. I've never, ever had a better bowl of chowder in my life. And I don't think I ever will. The holidays to me, are the best time of year, and that's mostly due to the foods I get to eat that don't come out year round. As I mentioned last year when I dangled this soup in front of everyone, I cannot share the recipe. In fact, I don't even know it. Only two people in this world do, my husband and his mother. My own mother asked me for the recipe last year and I had to turn her down. Imagine, turning down your own mother! The woman who put her entire life on hold for you. I was sad. But the good news is that I didn't loose any respect from my mother-in-law, and my mother appreciated the fact that this recipe is so near and dear to their hearts.

We do share though. Which is why every year, when we have our annual pot luck with friends, we bring this dish. In order to make sure it turned out ok (like it wouldn't!), my husband and I had some for dinner last night. I'll be downing some more this evening!

1 comment:

The Benny's said...

Oh...that is so unfair. I never understood why some people don't share their recipes..I find it a great compliment when someone ask for one. See one of my post from last Christmas..hee hee hee
http://thedogthecatandeverythinginbetween.blogspot.com/2008/12/mmmmmmmmm-christmas-baking.html