Sunday, August 22, 2010

BBQ Chicken Skewers and Garden Fresh Veggies

I'm not quite sure what it is about what my husband does to food that makes it so special, but whatever it is, I love it. Easy chicken skewers, or so they seem. But bursting with flavour. He says it was simply bbq sauce. I call bullshit on that. There's something he's doing that he's not telling me.

As I read this to him he's telling me that yes, he did add a bunch of stuff to the bottled sauce that was sitting in the fridge. Hickory smoke, spices, garlic, molasses, maple syrup. Holy cow!! No wonder!! I guess I just don't have the guts to do stuff like that. I'm afraid I will fail and create an inedible meal. That's why I eat, not cook.

Along with the chicken was some red onion and zucchini – grilled to perfection. A bed of wilted fresh beet greens add an earthiness to the plate, and crisp green beans and corn shaved off the cob completed the side.