Monday, August 16, 2010

Garlic Scallops, Shrimp and Mushroom Wild Rice


Wow, I just realized as I signed in that this is my 500th post. Crazy.

We just finished a fantastic meal of “stuff”. Some scallops we had bought a few days ago, some leftover shrimp in the freezer, leftover sandfire greens, greens from our garden, wild rice and a mixture of meaty mushrooms. Everything delectably infused in butter and garlic. The taste exuding a complex creation but in the end, all so very simple. Often these creations are the most enjoyable.

I must put emphasis on the mushrooms. My husband bought a wonderful mixture of dried mushrooms that added so much oomph to this meal. The flavours and aromas intensified by the drying of the mushrooms and so easily brought to fruition by soaking them, bringing out their meaty texture. www.wildgaspe.com – this bag of goodies is so worth the $10 price tag. If you love mushrooms, pick up a bag and add them to your favourite rice, soup, stuffing, pasta or potato.

2 comments:

Marc-André of thefood.ca said...

Congratulations on that 500th post.

On the content, I had shrimp with risotto yesterday. I hope yours tasted as good as mine.

treesaw said...

Happy 500th! Wowza!

This looks delicious, by the way.