Monday, August 9, 2010

The Cutest Breakfast Egg Muffin


I just returned from spending a couple of days in Moncton, NB. The trip was very fast. But I must say, very satisfying food-wise.

One of my favourite eats was coming out of the oven just as I was waking up. The aroma of fried bacon had already filled the air (it's what originally woke me up). But then to add it to this little concoction was, well, brilliant. The base of this muffin is made with stuffing. Yes, stuffing. I adore Christmas time, because of stuffing. Although it tends to be more of a comfort food during those cold fall and winter days, I do miss having it year round, and this is the best outlet. My mother filled the base of muffin tins with stuffing and then topped each one with bacon, cheese and one full egg and baked them to perfection.

Super filling, super satisfying and super fun!