Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Zucchini Patties with Feta and Zucchini Carpaccio Salad


Oh my god I loved this dinner. We received a summer squash (basically a giant zucchini) from our neighbour and man, did we make the most of it!

My favourite thing of course was the patties. Quite dense compared to what you think would come of using zucchini, I think the feta helped with that. In fact, every ingredient in this magical treat had a hand in making it, well, perfect – fresh dill, green onions and italian parsley. Even the golden yellow flecks of zucchini added visual appeal. And dipping each delicious morsel in tzatziki was my version of what heaven would be like! We got this recipe off epicurious.comzucchini patties with feta.

The salad it was paired with was also very fun, and also from epicurious – zucchini carpaccio salad. Mixing the thinly sliced zucchini with salt and allowing it to sit for a bit made it easy to remove all of the excess liquid and gave it a firmer texture. And pairing it with fresh arugula, Parmigiano-Reggiano and some black pepper added delicate flavours to this mild summery dish.

To drink, I typed zucchini into my NatDecants app and voilà, Riesling it was. Off to my cellar! D'Arenberg The Dry Dam, from McLaren Vale Australia was lovely. An insanely refreshing wine filled with flavours of lemon, lime, petrol and some orange peel in the background.

1 comment:

treesaw said...

Aw shit. So bummed I missed this! Looks amazing!